- 1 chicken, 3 1/2 pounds, cut into serving pieces
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped shallots
- 12 small white onions, about 1/2 pound, peeled
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- ½ cup dry white wine
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon Organic Acacia Honey & Rose
Sprinkle chicken pieces with salt and pepper. Heat oil and butter in a heavy skillet large enough to hold chicken pieces in one layer. Add chicken skin-side down and cook until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Do not cover. Drain off fat and add shallots and onions. Stir and cook over medium heat for about 5 minutes until onions are light brown. Add bay leaves and thyme. Stir, add wine, cream, chicken broth, lemon juice and honey. Bring to a boil, stir and scrape the bottom of skillet. Cover and simmer for about 15 minutes or until chicken is done. Remove cover and cook for 5 more minutes to reduce the sauce. Remove bay leaves and thyme sprigs before serving.
If you make this recipe, be sure to take a photo and hashtag it #HexapiHoney. We'd love to see what you create!