Organic Acacia Honey, Strawberry & Goat Cheese Gelato
- 5 egg yolks (organic & free range if possible)
- 3/4cup Organic Acacia Honey
- 2 cups (whole) goat's milk
- 180 ml soft goat cheese (fresh)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ basket strawberries (sliced in thirds)
- In a mixer beat the egg yolks for about 2 minutes. In a large saucepan, mix the milk and goat cheese together over medium heat, stirring constantly, just until hot (be careful not to boil). Slowly pour one-half cup of the warm milk mixture into the egg mixture, whisking constantly. Whisk in an additional one-half cup of the milk mixture to fully temper the yolks. Pour the egg mixture back into the saucepan and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until the mixture coats the back of a spoon, about 5 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into a medium bowl set over an ice bath. Allow the mixture to chill completely, 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in the vanilla.
- Freeze in an ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s directions 25 minutes. Add sliced strawberries and continue to freeze in ice cream maker an additional 5 to 10 minutes. Spread the gelato evenly into a container with a lid; cover the surface with plastic warp and then cover with the lid. Freeze it until completely set, at least 5 hours, preferable overnight.
If you make this recipe, be sure to take a photo and hashtag it #HexapiHoney. We'd love to see what you create!